วัดเวฬุวัน กาฬสินธุ์

15

วัดเวฬุวัน เดิมชื่อวัดแก้งคำ ตั้งอยู่บ้านแก้งกุดเชียงโสม ตำบลหนองบัว อำเภอ สหัสขันธ์ จังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ (ปัจจุบันตำบลหนองบัวอยู่ในเขต อำเภอหนองกรุงศรี) ตั้งวัดเมื่อประมาณปี พ.ศ. ๒๔๔๒ อายุของวัดถึงปัจจุบัน (พ.ศ. ๒๕๕๐) จำนวน ๑๐๘ ปี นับว่าเป็นวัดที่มีอายุเก่าแก่มากวัดหนึ่ง ที่ดินตั้งวัดในอดีตมีเนื้อที่ ประมาณ ๑๐ ไร่ เป็นวัดที่ตั้งอยู่ติดกับหมู่บ้านแก้งคำ เป็นแหล่งให้การศึกษาแก่ประชาชนตามคติโบราณคือ วัดเป็นสถานศึกษาของชุมชน นอกจากนั้นวัดยังเป็นสถานที่บำเพ็ญบุญของชาวพุทธตามคติ ฮีต ๑๒ ครอง ๑๔ ทำให้วัดได้รับการยอมรับเคารพนับถือและเทิดทูนจากประชาชนอย่างมาก ในการสร้างวัดในยุคแรกนั้น พระสงฆ์ที่เป็นผู้นำในการสร้างวัดได้แก่ พระอาจารย์ลุน ซึ่งมีถิ่นกำเนิดในเขตอำเภอยางตลาด ทั้งนี้จากข้อมูลคำบอกเล่าของ นายพิมพ์ สมคำสี เมื่อ พ.ศ. ๒๕๓๕ นายพิมพ์ มีอายุ ๙๔ ปี (เกิด พ.ศ. ๒๔๔๑) นายพิมพ์ ยืนยันว่าสมัยเป็นเด็กอายุ ประมาณ ๓ – ๔ ปี บิดา มารดาเคยพาไปตักบาตรทำบุญที่วัดหลายครั้ง ดังนั้น จึงพอสรุปได้ว่าวัดบ้านแก้งคำได้ตั้งมานานแล้ว โดยนายพิมพ์ สมคำสี สันนิษฐานว่า ประมาณ พ.ศ. ๒๔๔๒ ในระหว่างนี้วัดบ้านแก้งคำไม่สังกัดคณะธรรมยุตหรือมหานิกาย แต่เมื่อปี พ.ศ. ๑๓๘๐ – ๒๔๘๒ ท่านพระครูประสิทธิสมณญาณ ได้มาจำพรรษาและเป็นเจ้าอาวาสวัด ท่านได้นำญาติโยมพัฒนาวัดให้มีเสนาสนะต่าง ๆ เหมาะสมขึ้น และเนื่องจากวัดนี้มีกอไผ่ขึ้นล้อมรอบตามรั้ววัดจำนวนมาก จึงได้เปลี่ยนชื่อเป็น “วัดเวฬุวัน” สังกัดในคณะธรรมยุติกนิกาย ตั้งแต่นั้นมา สืบเนื่องจากวัดนี้มีการตั้งมานาน จึงมีพระสงฆ์ที่ได้รับนิมนต์จากชาวบ้านผลัดเปลี่ยนหมุนเวียนกันมาปกครองวัดในฐานะเจ้าอาวาส ทั้งโดยพฤตินัยและนิตินัย จำนวนประมาณ ๑๗ รูป บางรูปปกครอง ๒ ปี บางรูป ๕ ปี และบางรูป ๓๐ ปี

วัดเวฬุวัน ในปัจจุบัน ตั้งอยู่เลขที่ ๕๘ หมู่ที่ ๒ บ้านตาดดงเค็ง (ผัง๖) ตำบลนิคม อำเภอ สหัสขันธ์ จังหวัดกาฬสินธุ์ รหัสไปรษณีย์ ๔๖๑๔๐

สาเหตุที่ย้ายวัดเวฬุวันมาตั้งใหม่ในปัจจุบัน เนื่องจากที่วัดเดิมถูกน้ำท่วม เพราะมีโครงการก่อสร้างเขื่อนลำปาว ซึ่งเริ่มดำเนินการตั้งแต่ พ.ศ.๒๕๐๖ ดังนั้น นิคมสร้างตนเองลำปาว กรมประชาสงเคราะห์ซึ่งเป็นหน่วยงานรับผิดชอบจัดสรรที่ให้แก่ประชาชนที่อพยพย้ายออกจากพื้นที่สร้างเขื่อน จึงได้จัดสรรที่ให้ตั้งวัด จำนวน ๑๒ ไร่ ตามหนังสือ กรมประชาสงเคราะห์ ที่ มท. ๐๗๑๑/๐๔๐๔๒ ลงวันที่ ๑๐ กันยายน พ.ศ. ๒๕๑๑ โดยมีวัดและโรงเรียนที่ได้รับจัดสรรที่ดินพร้อมกัน จำนวน ๕ วัด โรงเรียน ๗ แห่ง รวมเป็น ๑๒ แห่ง

Wat Weruwan, formerly known as Wat Kaeng Kham Located in Ban Kaeng Kut Chiang Som, Nong Bua Subdistrict, Sahatsakhan District, Kalasin Province. (Currently, Nong Bua Sub-district is in the Nong Krungsri District) was established around the year 2499. The age of the temple to the present (BE 2550) amounting to 108 years, is considered to be a very old temple. The temple’s land in the past had an area of ​​about 10 rai. It was a temple located next to Kaeng Kham Village. It is a source of education for people according to the ancient motto. The temple is an educational institution of the community. In addition, the temple is also a place of worship for Buddhists according to the motto Het 12 rules 14, making the temple highly respected and revered by the people. in the construction of temples in the early days The monks who lead the temple construction are: Master Lun which originated in Yang Talat District According to the information told by Mr. Pim Somkhamsee in 1992, Mr. Pim was 94 years old (born in 1898). Mr. Pim confirmed that when he was a child, about 3-4 years old, his parents used to take them to monks. made merit at the temple many times. Therefore, it can be concluded that Wat Ban Kaeng Kham has been established for a long time by Mr. Pim Somkhamsee, assuming that around 1899, during this time, Ban Kaeng Kham Temple was not affiliated with the Faculty of Dhammayut or Maha Nikaya. 1380 – 1939 Phrakhru Prasit Samyanan have come to remember the Buddhist Lent and become the abbot of the temple He led his relatives to develop the temple to have more suitable shrines and because this temple had a lot of bamboo around the temple fence. Therefore, the name was changed to “Wat Weruwan” under the Faculty of Dhammayutika. since then Since this temple has been established for a long time Therefore, the monks who were invited by the villagers took turns to rule the temple as the abbot. Both de facto and de jure, there are about 17 figures, some governing for 2 years, some for 5 years, and some for 30 years.

Wat Weruwan is currently located at 58 Village No. 2, Ban Tat Dong Keng (Phang 6) Nikhom Sub-district, Sahatsakhan District, Kalasin Province, postal code 46140.

The reason why Wat Weruwan was moved to a new location at present because the original temple was flooded because there is a project for the construction of the Lampao Dam which began to operate since 1963, therefore, the Lam Pao self-establishment estate The Department of Public Welfare, which is responsible for allocating spaces to people displaced from the dam site Therefore allocated the location to set up a temple of 12 rai according to the book of the Department of Public Welfare No. MOT 0711/04042 dated September 10, 1968, with temples and schools allocated land at the same time, totaling 5 temples, 7 schools, totaling 12 places